Safety and Compliance Coordinator
Comec Energy Services
Type of Job
Full Time, Permanent
Cold Lake, AB
About the job
Comec Energy Services is looking for a dynamic Safety and Compliance Coordinator. The successful individual will be able to manage multiple responsibilities in the safety role, including safety administration and field safety. Operating from our Cold Lake main shop, this is full time role on our growing team.
High Level Responsibilities
• Ensure compliance to Health and Safety Program and applicable Transportation Regulations and Law.
• Ensure documentation compliance for safety program and relevant legislation, data entry for safety statistics.
• Ensure adequate supplies of personal protective equipment and other related supplies.
• Support Human Resources with onboarding of new employees including booking training and pre-hire tests, new hire files, and data entry.
• Manage online training portals such as work hub, client portals, and training matrix.
• Coordinate incident reporting, investigations, and follow up.
• Coordinate formal and informal inspections.
• Support ongoing safety communication including supporting safety meetings, safety updates, and procedural and practice change communications.
• Record & track key performance indicators. Trending of information gathered as well as gap closure of outstanding corrective and improvement actions.
• Support supervision in probationary and yearly reviews of employees.
• Visit each site minimum once per month. Complete site inspections during field visits.
Minimum of 3 years of safety administration experience preferably in a Fluid Hauling or Mechanical industry capacity
NCSO or equivalent
Ability to demonstrative the COMEC values:
Considerate – be honest, sensitive and respectful
Outgoing – be a team player, seek connections, start conversations
Mindful – self-motivated and strong work ethic & have pride in your job. Be agile, focused and engaged in all aspects of your work
Exceptional – strive for excellence, and be a contributor to the team and a leader for our clients
Committed – Be accountable, dependable and disciplined
Working knowledge of OH&S and Transportation Regulations
Strong organizational skills with ability to work independently in a diverse role
Safety focused attitude and interest
Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering, as well as inventory control of these items
Experience in managing third-party service providers
Strong working knowledge of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Able to maintain filing systems, databases, and basic diary/minutes management
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent attention to detail with meticulous records maintenance skills
Superior communication and strong interpersonal skills
Good financial and business awareness
H2S Alive, 1st Aid, TDG, WHMIS, CSTS mandatory
Ability to handle and lift up to 30lbs.
Ability to pass a pre-access Drug & Alcohol test
Drivers license with acceptable drivers abstract