Powerline Technician Project Manager
NOVA & RPM
Type of Job
Expression of Interest
About the job
Overview of Role:
• Provide support to specific underground and above ground utility projects from an operational, financial and resource standpoint.
• Management of project workforce to ensure an engaged and high performing team able to provide quality project work on budget and safely.
• Ensure compliance of project management directives to meet the project objectives.
• Plan, staff, and supervise all assigned project activities through subordinate. managers to ensure a cohesive operational unit.
• Source material and establish procurement as required.
• Review and approve customer invoices and daily reports.
• Provide advice, guidance, and direction to subordinate managers/employees.
• Coordinate and confer with professional staff to resolve operating problems and difficulties, and authorize department operational procedures.
• Create and review Project Budgets to ensure meeting targets, schedules, and budgets.
• Identifies and analyzes operational information to give early warnings of potential problems and recommends corrective action.
• Manages and/or delegates, but has oversight, of reporting to appropriate government.
• Approves timesheets of subordinate project team.
• Oversight of Safety Program including ensuring compliance and risk mitigation
• Completes contracts and MSA as required.
• Supports estimators as required.
Journey Certified Powerline Technician
10 years progressive Powerline Technician experience, with at least 2 years project coordination/management experience
Extensive working knowledge of above and underground utilities projects.
Knowledge of the oil and gas industry considered an asset.
Proven project management and leadership skills, ability to manage project from start to finish within scope and cost.
Experience in estimating, budgeting, project management, operation oversight, safety oversight, and finances.
Strong interpersonal and communications skills
Able to prioritize and focus associates on appropriate tasks
Proficient with word processing and spreadsheets
Demonstrated ability to read and interpret financial documents and spreadsheets
Works well under pressure and makes deadlines
Works effectively in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, and is able to direct and work in harmony with a diverse group of highly motivated and capable individuals
Demonstrated relationship-building skills