Operations Coordinator - Maintenance Division
Comec Energy Services
Type of Job
Full Time, Permanent
Cold Lake, AB, Canada
About the job
Comec Energy Services is looking for a dynamic and driven individual to join their team as an Operations Coordinator for the Mechanical Division. The Operations Coordinator is the primary point-person responsible for planning, executing, and delivering on mechanical client contracts. The successful individual will be able to work independently, to deliver on current contracts, and work towards growth in the division.
• Ensure safe and successful delivery and execution of current contracts.
• Manage the entire lifecycle of specific contracts, ranging from planning initiatives to execution activities.
• Manage contract activities throughout the lifecycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success.
• Plan all contract timelines, milestones, and deliverables using the appropriate software tools and/or PM methods.
• Reallocate resources across multiple contracts where necessary; identify and resolve any resource allocation discrepancies.
• Produce regular reports (status, escalations, etc.) on the progress of contracts; deliver these reports during regular stakeholder meetings.
• Ensure the QA/QC program, remains updated and compliant to current regulations.
• Actively seek new business and contract opportunities in order to grow the division.
• Prepare proposals and cost estimates in response to customer RFP and RFI requests.
• Conduct cost-benefit analyses, risk analyses, to determine new contract feasibility.
Comec Energy Services are industry leaders in oilfield transport and mechanical solutions. They offer fluid hauling and services, mechanical services and electrical and instrumentation to the oilfield industry. Comec Energy Services offers a challenging and rewarding work environment that is built on mutual respect and core values of quality, integrity, and community. They offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Recruitment supported by Lakeland HR Solutions. Thank you to all candidates that apply. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Journeyman Pipefitter, Welder, Millwright or Technical Diploma with a CET designation
PMP designation would be considered an asset
5 years of direct work experience in the Industrial Oil & Gas sector
3 years of experience in a project management or supervisory role
Prior experience in a business development role would be considered an asset
A solid understanding of all Mechanical trades
A self-starter with a strong desire to succeed and grow the division long term with the ability to act in a business development capacity when required
Demonstrated success in contract delivery and execution of maintenance agreements
Familiarity with CWB & ABSA regulations
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook)
Effective communication (verbal & written), leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with clients, key managers, and other stakeholders.
Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation
Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities
Ability to effectively promote safety in an oilfield industry environment with knowledge of OH&S regulations
Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines
Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures
Possess a valid driver’s license
H2S Alive, 1st Aid, TDG, WHMIS mandatory
Any client specific required courses
Ability to meet site access requirements