Human Resources Generalist
On Site (multiple sites)
Genmec ACL / Comec Energy Services
Type of Job
Full Time, Permanent
Bonnyville, AB, Canada
About the job
• Oversee recruitment activities for all divisions, ensure efficient and effective processes are utilized to find and retain top talent.
• Maintain and develop pipeline of eligible candidates for future open positions.
• Oversee employee onboarding including new hire documentation, testing, and data entry.
• Ensure compliance to job requirements, including trades, apprenticeship, and safety tickets.
• Primary contact for employee related concerns and HR matters. Approach situations professionally and respectfully and work towards resolution.
• Work with the Controller to administer the benefits program.
• Work closely with the Management Team to ensure effective recruitment and HR practices.
About the Company:
This position will provide HR Generalist coverage for both Genmec ACL and Comec Energy Services. With over 65 years experience in the Northeastern Alberta, Genmec ACL is proud to be a part of the region’s greatest construction landmarks. They specialize in commercial, industrial, and institutional construction and maintenance. Comec Energy Services are industry leaders in oilfield transport and mechanical solutions. They offer fluid hauling and services, mechanical services and electrical and instrumentation to the oilfield industry. Combined the companies have 180 employees and employ many skilled labour and trade workers.
Genmec ACL and Comec Energy Services offers a challenging and rewarding work environment that is built on mutual respect and core values of quality, integrity, and community. They offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits plan.
Recruitment supported by Lakeland HR Solutions. Thank you to all candidates that apply. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Minimum 3 years experience in a professional recruitment role.
Working knowledge of recruitment of skilled trades and oilfield positions.
Post-secondary education in a Human Resources field considered an asset.
CPHR designation considered an asset.
Current on recruitment best practices including managing a social media campaign.
Strong computer skills, able to use Microsoft Platform, and online recruitment and employment software. Quick learner on new systems.
Ability to work independently, strong work ethic and able to perform with minimal supervision.
Maintain confidentiality and act professionally and ethically.
Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and best practices in Alberta.